To comply with the FTC ruling that I have to let you know when I get paid to write stuff, I’m posting this disclosure policy. When you read Mommy Brain Reports, you should assume the following:
- All reviews are done with products the company sent me to review. I do not return items that are reviewed on my own dime. In fact, I typically keep the items sent to me for further analysis. If I sent it back, it was on their dime, and it was a very special circumstance.
- I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart does pay me for my time and efforts in writing for them. Sometimes I get free things to review for Walmart. Participation in the Walmart Moms program is completely voluntary.
- I am a participant in the Hanes Comfort Crew program. Hanes does not pay me for letting you know about upcoming specials, but I did get an awesome family trip to Walt Disney World with them, and other perks… like free products.
- I participate in a few other groups around the net, where I am sent products to write about and some sort of compensation for participating in their campaigns.
- When you see me at conferences, my wardrobe is usually sponsored by companies who want their products to be seen. If you like it, I’ll let you know where I got it! Just ask!
- Some of my tweets are sponsored. They will be designated with a “#” so you know that it’s sponsored. Clicks are appreciated.
- I do work as a Social Media Consultant, and yes, I get paid for my time. I show people how to use the ‘net to make their business better. Parent’s Choice is one of my clients. I get paid to write for them.
- Ads in the sidebars are most likely affiliate links, or google ads. Some of them are individually paid for by the company. In any case, I get money for them.
- Assume that all links in posts are affiliate links. Some are, and some aren’t, but just assume that they are… I try to use them whenever I can. I appreciate you shopping through my links after reading a post!
Just because I’ve received some sort of compensation and/or product, it does NOT mean that I will write favorably about that company, service, or product. I only write my completely honest and unbiased opinions. That means that if your product doesn’t work as advertised, my readers will know it.
By the way, I claim absolutely no responsibility, legal or otherwise, for products that may become faulty, recalled or questionable. Mommy Brain Reports also does not claim to be a medical professional of any sort. Any product reviews regarding health, fitness and beauty products are based on personal experience. You should always consult a physician before trying anything that could affect your health and well being.
To summarize, sometimes I get free stuff, sometimes I get compensated for my time. If you have any questions, just ask. Click on the little envelope on the top right of my site, next to the search bar, to get to my contact page.
Mommy Brain Reports respects your privacy.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of Mommy Brain Reports, except in the case of claiming a prize, where your information will be sent to the prize sponsor for the sole purpose of sending your prize to you.
Any email sent to me can be quoted on my blog for any reason. I won’t give out your email address, unless it’s assumed to be spam, and I choose to exploit your spammy emails on my site. Genuine email, review submissions and product pitches are not considered spam.
Credit card details
Mommy Brain Reports will never ask for Credit Card details, unless you are doing a valid business transaction. In that case, you will be sent a form to fill out and send back. DO NOT enter your credit card information on any of the web forms on Mommy Brain Reports. They are not secure forms. If you do choose to input your CC info on my site, I am not responsible for what happens to it.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Mommy Brain Reports and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through Mommy Brain Reports have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions.
Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information email MommyBrain