I have become known amongst my girls’ friends as the “Mom who makes Chocolate Frogs”… From a very young age, I have been using meltable chocolate and candy molds to make little candies, candy lollipops, etc. I even made chocolate lollipop roses for my own wedding favors! I love working with chocolate, and when Walmart gave us the opportunity to try the new Candy Craft Chocolate Pen, I jumped at the chance!
So how does it work? Here’s a step by step of what you need to do:
1. Place the chocolate pouch in a bowl of hot water. I microwaved warm water for about 30 seconds.
2. After a few minutes, gently massage the pouch to make sure all of the chocolate is melted, and squeeze the chocolate to the bottom of the pouch.
3. Cut off the top of the pouch, leaving about 1/2 inch from the top of the chocolate. Place the pen tip into the top of the pouch.
4. Be sure to leave about 1/8 inch of pouch above the base of the tip and the top of the clip.
5. Place the chocolate into the pen. The Clip will fit right into the top of the pen.
6. Close the pen up and place the twist ring on to hold everything in place.
7. Turn the pen on, and squeeze the button to dispense the chocolate.
8. Here’s where you have to be careful! It comes out pretty fast, so don’t just hold the button the whole time. I would “pulse” or press and release the button to dispense a little at a time.
9. To Fill in any details, use the pen “cap” to move the chocolate around.
10. Place in freezer for about 5 minutes to cool. Repeat with the next color, and until it’s completed.
10. You can use the pen to draw too! Just hold the button down to dispense. Again, I pulsed the button.
11. Write words, or draw pictures. Place in the freezer to cool for about 5 minutes.
Using this pen takes some practice! You’ll notice that the chocolate comes out very quickly, and even after releasing the button, a little bit of it still comes out, so don’t get discouraged! Keep working with it.
The Candy Craft Chocolate Pen is available online and in stores for just $29.93! It’s a lot of fun for grown-ups and kids! It’s a great way to make special surprises for the kids’ lunches or decorate for special occasions! I can totally see using this on cupcakes!